The priority deadline to apply is July 5, 2015. WWICS will start matching scholars and interns, but will accept intern applications after this date. Internship positions are open until filled so applying early is strongly recommended.
For a full list of scholars and their fields of interest, please visit http://www.wilsoncenter.org/research-assistant-internships and click on the PDF at the bottom of the page.
The following reading and writing foreign language skills are useful and applicants should indicate their level of proficiency on the application form: Arabic, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, or Urdu
The WWICS Internship Application Form and detailed instructions can be found at:
The application materials consist of:
- a completed WWICS Internship Application Form
- Cover Letter (indicating academic interests or areas of interest)
- Current Resume (indicating relevant coursework)
- 3-to-5 page Writing Sample or excerpt of a recent research paper with separate Works
- Cited page
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (do not have to be sealed by recommender); highlighting
- writing, research, and/or language skills would be helpful; *if you don’t have
- recommendation letters readily available, please include three references
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
Please submit your application materials in ONE COMPLETE package to:
Ms. Krishna Aniel
Intern Coordinator and Education Program Specialist
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
One Woodrow Wilson Plaza
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004-3027
Fax: (202) 691-4001
- Most interns are unpaid and doing an internship for academic credit. However, a modest stipend may be available if the student is not receiving academic credit.
- Because of the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact to confirm the receipt of your application. If you would like to confirm the receipt of your application, please mail it with a tracking number, delivery confirmation, or email read receipt.
- Interviewed candidates will be contacted within approximately 4-6 weeks of the prescribed deadline. However, we may receive last minute intern requests from other scholars.