Climate and Energy Intern- ID: 79066
EMPLOYER - Worldwatch Institute, The
POSITION TYPE - Internship (Fall or Spring Part-Time)
LOCATION - Washington, District of Columbia
The Worldwatch Institute, headquartered in Washington D.C., seeks to hire D.C.-based interns to work in our Climate & Energy program. Successful candidates will work closely with Institute staff to conduct in-depth research and analysis on a broad range of issues related to international renewable energy policy, international climate negotiations, climate finance, and low-emissions development strategies worldwide.
• Contribute to ongoing Sustainable Energy Roadmap projects in the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica;
• Track and analyze climate and energy data and policies in an area of geographic focus (the Caribbean, Asia, sub-Saharan Africa);
• Contribute to climate finance research;
• Assist in analyzing and communicating the socioeconomic impacts of renewable energy development;
• Contribute to proposal development;
• Contribute to Worldwatch publications, including reports and policy papers;
• Write blogs for the Institute’s Re |Volt page exploring aspects of your research.
Nourishing the Planet
• Demonstrated strong interest in climate and energy issues;
• Degree in environmental policy, economics, international affairs, government and legal studies, natural resource management, or other relevant field;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, and the ability to understand and articulate sophisticated economic, policy and technical analyses;
• Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills enabling him/her to work well both in teams and independently;
• French/Spanish language skills preferred
Log in to your C4T account (www.Careers.umd.edu/) and paste the ID number (79066) in the “Search” box to learn more or apply.