InterAction, the largest alliance of U.S.-based international NGOs, works to create a more just and prosperous world. A united voice for global change.
InterAction's Communications Internship is a stepping stone to a great career. Interns walk away with projects to put in their portfolios and a breadth of skills they can bring to any entry-level communications position. InterAction's Communications team offers two internships each semester to students interested in gaining some hands-on experience in social media, online communications, media relations and multimedia. Responsibilities vary depending on skill level, and may include:
- Helping plan and implement social media campaigns as part of a broader communications strategy
- Monitoring articles to see what reporters are saying about NGOs, relief and development work, and other issues for our community
- Writing for and maintaining the website and blog
- Assisting with events
- Working on infographics, videos or other online collateral
InterAction interns have gone on to be hired at nonprofits, media outlets and occasionally InterAction itself. The Spring 2015 Communications internship at InterAction will begin in January.
- Enrolled in a communications, journalism, English, graphic design or related degree program, or have recently obtained such a degree
- Interested in humanitarian relief and global development issues
- Passionate about storytelling and communications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Talent for learning new skills quickly
- Creativity and willingness to contribute ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a team
- Self-motivated and flexible along with a can-do attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Multimedia, graphic design, video editing and photography skills highly desired, but not mandatory
- Must be able to work 20 or more hours a week
We are looking for someone to join our team in January 2015 and stay for at least three months, though we are willing to consider shorter terms if an applicant's school has shorter terms. Interns must be available to work at least three days a week for a total of 20 hours a week. The internship is unpaid, but there is a small transportation stipend.
Applications can be found here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=interacti1