As a grassroots environmental nonprofit, the Maryland Sierra Club offers many internship opportunities for those passionate about advocating for a safer, healthier planet. At our office conveniently located on Route 1, students can take advantage of diverse openings in office management & administration, outdoor education, political environmental advocacy, communications & marketing, web design, community organizing, event planning, and policy research.
Our interns become part of the office team and are essential to accomplishing many of the Chapter’s environmental conservation goals. Working side by side with staff and lead volunteers, interns get the opportunity to see how a grassroots nonprofit works, gain valuable real world experience, and become the next generation of activist leaders.
For Fall 2018, we have the following internships available:
- Administrative Assistant
- Clean Energy
- Beyond Natural Gas Organizing (Western Maryland only)
- Communications / Web Media
- Conservation Outings
- Invasive Plant Removal / Stewardship Field
- Transportation Organizing
For more information, internship descriptions, and how to arrange college credit, please visit:
- Send a cover letter, resume, and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com. Please have your name on each document title.
- Fill out this survey after you send in your materials:
Apply early for best priority.