Just Opened— APPLY NOW! For students of ALL MAJORS! Interested in political engagement at the local, state or national levels? Want to run for office, become a staffer on the Hill, and/or influence or make policy? Apply NOW to the amazing, empowering Federal Fellows Program!
· Fall semester course. The instructor has over 20 years of political development, public affairs, community relations and civic education experience working in the Federal government, private sector and non-profit organizations. Class visitors will includepractitioners with experience in the political, civic engagement, and advocacy arenas.
· DC spring internship at sites including the Hill, federal agencies, NGOs, private organizations, embassies, think tanks, etc.
· Scholarship in Practice credit for internship
· Spring internship credit through our program or through your major/program!
· Notation on your transcript as a Federal Fellow!
· Seminar course fulfills an upper level GVPT degree requirement
· Year-round professional development activities, including field trips, one-on-one help with resumes and interviews, etc.
· Join a lively, engaged student cohort group (and alumni network)!
APPLY NOW!!! Application Link: Online Application
For more information regarding the Political Engagement and Advocacy course and application requirements, visit http://federalfellows.umd.edu or contact our office: 2407 Marie Mount Hall, 301-314-0261.