The ICONS Project is seeking an intern for the Summer 2015 semester. The intern will work with the ICONS staff and will have the chance to learn about ICONS simulations as well as how ICONS works with its many clients (i.e.: universities, government agencies, and private companies).
Tasks for the intern will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing updates to Country Profiles in the ICONS’ “Research Library” and monitoring global events in order to reflect current and up-to-date information
- Contributing to simulation development and/or research
- Researching articles for social media posts
- Participating in ICONS’ pilot simulations
- Supporting marketing and outreach initiatives
- Student in the International Development and Conflict Management minor OR Government and Politics major
- Sophomore, junior, or senior student
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Good academic standing
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Previous coursework and/or interest in international affairs
- Available 20+ hours per week
- Previous administrative experience
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop, iMovie and/or other audio/visual software a plus.
- Prior ICONS simulation experience a plus
The internship is unpaid. If selected, interviews will be held on May 11 and May 12. Depending on the candidate’s availability, internships will start mid-to-late-May and end in mid-to-late August.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume as well as a brief paragraph about your qualifications, research interests, and related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ICONS Intern Application: Your Name” in the subject heading of the e-mail.
For best consideration, please submit materials by the end of the day on May 8, 2015. No phone calls please. Please note that this internship gives preference to students in the ID & CM minor or GVPT major.