- Tracking state and federal legislation.
- Attend hearings and prepare summaries for department.
- Draft issue summaries and reports for members.
- Compiling weekly news-clips.
- Member communications and logistical support.
- Coordinating with the Government Affairs Committee and their bimonthly conference calls.
- Assist in the planning of our biyearly National Advocacy Conferences, and monthly meetings.
- Offer regulatory support to AAHOA PAC.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of one years related experience and/or training (internship experience welcome)
- Prior association experience preferable, Capitol Hill experience helpful but not necessary.
- Proficiency in Word for Windows, Excel, Access and familiarity with or ability to learn Web content management applications.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work well under pressure and able to coordinate workload to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, perform multiple tasks using various software applications; in general must be able to multi-task and work simultaneously on various projects with tight deadlines.
- Required skills include strong editing and proofreading skills; excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Interested candidates should send an email Jordan@aahoa.com and include:
Resume, cover letter, writing sample (3 pages max) and salary expectations