Penn Hill Group is a bipartisan government relations firm located in Washington, DC. With decades of Congressional, Administration, non-profit and private sector experience, the members of Penn Hill Group provide clients with cutting-edge government relations, advocacy, policy development and analysis, communications, research, and strategic consulting support. Penn Hill Group specializes in education and workforce issues, including early childhood education, K-12 education initiatives, special education, job training, higher education, and other critical issues. Penn Hill Group is committed to providing internships that are substantive, promote the growth of many skills (including research and writing), and allow for opportunities to network and learn more about education policy issues.
The Penn Hill Group intern will work on projects across the firm to support research, writing, office operations, and event and project management. This position is paid $12 an hour. The intern will:
· Assist staff by conducting legislative research, tracking federal legislation, and attending congressional hearings and briefings.
· Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations and key players in the field.
· Assist in the preparation of Penn Hill Group publications and events.
· Conduct administrative tasks as needed.
Lengths of internships align with academic semesters/quarters. Start and end dates are flexible to accommodate your school's schedule, but we request winter/spring interns be available at least through April. We require a 32-hour minimum weekly commitment and we prefer interns who are able to work Friday mornings.
January through May
Open to undergraduate or graduate students interested in public policy, government relations or federal advocacy related to education issues. Requirements:
- Completed at least two years of college
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Solid communication, writing and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Please combine a resume, list of three references, writing sample, and cover letter expressing interest and dates of availability in one PDF file and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.