The Maryland Sierra Club is seeking interns for Summer and Fall 2016. If you could forward this email or post the below internship description to any relevant listservs, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
MARYLAND SIERRA CLUB SEEKING 2016 INTERNS
As a grassroots environmental nonprofit, the Maryland Sierra Club offers many internship opportunities for those passionate about advocating for a safer, healthier planet. At our office conveniently located just steps from the University of Maryland campus in College Park, MD, students can take advantage of diverse openings in office management & administration, outdoor education, political environmental advocacy, communications & marketing, web design, community organizing, event planning, and policy research.
Our interns become part of the office team and are essential to accomplishing many of the Chapter’s environmental conservation goals. Working side by side with staff and lead volunteers, interns get the opportunity to see how a grassroots nonprofit works, gain valuable real world experience, and become the next generation of activist leaders.
For Summer and Fall 2016, we have the following internships available:
· Administration, Chapter Coordination
· Conservation Outings
· Website, Media and Communications
· Water Protection
· Beyond Coal Energy
· Maryland General Assembly Legislative
· Stewardship Field
· Baltimore Organizing
For more information, internship descriptions, and how to arrange college credit, please visit:
1. Send a cover letter, resume and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com. Please have your name on each document title.
2. Fill out this survey after you send in your materials: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13GUfmsghNw9fLrr8JmLrfS0y2WlJHLrRMBG2L3s_Mns/viewform?c=0&w=1
Apply early for best priority.