Attention, undergraduate and graduate students: Interested in being part of the war on terror? Breaking up an international crime ring? Identifying criminals who exploit young children on the Internet? Working side-by-side with top-notch forensic experts to solve a violent crime? If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then the FBI Honors Internship Program might be for you. This 10-week program offers students an insider’s view of FBI operations, from counter-terrorism, cyber, counterintelligence, and fraud investigations…to vital support services like laboratory exams, fingerprint identification, and behavioral analysis. The Honors Internship Program application for Summer 2017 opens August 26 and closes October 14, 2016. Apply at https://www.fbijobs.gov/stu
· Have U.S. Citizenship
· Students are not eligible if graduating before the program start date (May 17’); exceptions are permitted to students continuing their education the following immediate semester (Fall 17’).
· Have and maintain a 2.95 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or better at the time of application, throughout the application process, and the duration of the internship program.
· Pass all of the FBI employment background investigation requirements and be able to receive a Top Secret security clearance.
· Non U.S. Citizenship
· Conviction of a felony
· Violation of the FBI Employment Drug Policy (see below for additional details)
· Default on a student loan insured by the U.S. Government
· Failure of an FBI administered urinalysis drug test
· Failure to register with the Selective Service System (for males only, exceptions apply – please click here to find out more)
The Honors Internship Program is highly competitive. As such, FBI representatives select and interview the most qualified candidates based on academic achievements, area of study, life/work experiences, and the current needs of the FBI. Below is a more detailed timeline of the application process.
· August 26th through October 14th, 2016: Applications for the Honors Internship Program Open (Graduate and Undergraduate Opportunities).
· October 2016 through December 2016: Applicants are reviewed, selected and interviewed based on location choices, degrees and current needs of the FBI.
· December 2016: Conditional Job Offers are extended and candidates begin their FBI background investigations.
· Summer 2017: Internships begin (start dates may vary due to variations in the length of time of student’s background investigations).