Passionate about international humanitarian and global development work? Want an internship with an organization working to make a difference? Love storytelling? Join the InterAction Communications Team.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship during the spring semester 2017 and interns will be working approximately 15-20 hours/week.
InterAction’s Communications interns walk away with projects to put in their portfolios and a breadth of skills they can bring to any entry-level communications position. InterAction’s Communications team offers one, unpaid internship each semester to a student interested in gaining hands-on experience in social media, online communications, media relations and multimedia.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and publishing creative content for all InterAction social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Writing for and maintaining the InterAction website and blog.
- Working with Communications and IT teams to create a new online photo archive. Project tasks may include transferring, organizing and tagging current photos; creating staff photo gallery user guide; and helping in staff education and roll-out efforts.
- Helping build and maintain new Communications Tools section of InterAction Intranet; creating a tracking system for InterAction multimedia; and re-organizing or streamlining current team data.
- Tracking, recording and logging InterAction media clips – including helping keep up to date InterAction "In the Media" webpage.
- Working on infographics, videos or other online content.
- Helping plan and implement social media campaigns that inform and influence how people think about pivotal issues like the refugee crisis, ending poverty, and global health and nutrition.
- Enrolled in a communications, journalism, English, international relations, graphic design or related degree program, or have recently obtained such a degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interested in humanitarian relief and global development issues
- Passionate about storytelling and communications
- Talent for learning new skills quickly
- Creativity and willingness to contribute ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a team
- Self-motivated and flexible along with a can-do attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Multimedia, graphic design, video editing and photography skills desired, but not mandatory
- Must be able to work 20 or more hours a week
For information on how to apply, go here.