- Edelman’s financial communications practice is a global community of professionals helping evolve, promote and protect corporate brands and reputations.
- The intern will support monitoring, research and writing projects. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of multiple account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic understanding of media relations and digital/social communications
- Basic understanding of the financial sector, investment industry and capital markets.
- Some familiarity with the legislative and regulatory policy landscape (Hill experience a plus)
- Develop client reports that capture and summarize relevant traditional and social media coverage/conversation.
- Conduct and compile research
- Compile and manage lists for media, influencers, etc.
- Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
- Assist with preparation of press kits, drafting of public statements and creation of social media content (e.g. tweets)
- Write first drafts of corporate/financial-focused blog post that will appear on client web properties.
- Familiarity with AP style
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Cision Edge, etc.)
- The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
- A basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to become a strong writer
- Familiarity with the public relations and communications disciplines through past coursework or other internships
You must have an interest in public relations or communications and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
About our internship program:
- The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months
- Interns are paid $12.50 per hour and are eligible for overtime
- Most of our interns are post-graduates and work a full-time schedule (Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)