The Peer Mentor Program is a component of the student services offered by the BSOS Advising Center. The primary role of Peer Mentors is to teach the BSOS Graduation Planning workshops each semester and conduct various presentations in BSOS UNIV100 sections. Through the services they provide to fellow students, Peer Mentors gain leadership,presentation, and public speaking skills. In preparation for their required tasks, all Peer Mentors are expected to attend weekly class sessions and serve for at least two semesters. Students will earn 1 academic credit after successful completion of each semester. Please visit http://bsosundergrad.umd.edu/engagement/bsos-peer-mentors for additional information.
To be eligible for BSOS Peer Mentors, the following criteria must be met:
- Primary major must be in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Must be a BSOS major for a minimum of 2 semesters
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing with intentions to return for Fall 2016
- At least a 2.5 GPA within major
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ (Required Submission of Unofficial Transcript)
- Must be in good judicial/academic standing