The White House Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Director’s Office is pleased to offer opportunities for spring 2016 internships. Interns will work with the Director’s front office and other senior leadership teams. Current undergraduate students may apply for these unpaid internships.
- Assist OMB senior leadership on budget, management and regulatory initiatives
- Prepare daily briefing materials for OMB’s senior leadership
- Coordinate meeting and event logistics
- Manage incoming inquiries from government agencies, White House offices and outside entities
- Assist with correspondence preparation and management
- Provide general office support
- Special projects as assigned
Qualifications: Qualified candidates should have a strong interest in the budget process/economic policy, public policy, and government. Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required. Experience handling multiple tasks and working under tight deadlines is also necessary.
Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in learning about a range of executive level agencies, policy areas and current issues.
Academic Credit: Internships are only offered as student work-study programs and are not for compensation. Students accepted for an internship may earn academic credit while working in our office. Information on academic credit programs can be obtained from school placement offices.
Requirements: Applicants must be United States citizens. Please note that participation is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check and drug testing.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: Jessie Crabb, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by 5pm on Monday, November 30, 2015. Select candidates will be contacted for an interview.