Apr. 2, 2012 – The University Career Center & The President’s Promise will once again offer scholarships to students seeking unpaid internships this summer. With internships increasingly becoming a gateway to full-time employment, this program serves to assist current students to obtain bright futures. Awards average between $250-$1,250 to help offset expenses while students pursue academic and career goals during a summer internship.
Eligible Candidates: All registered University of Maryland, College Park undergraduate students, who have an internship for summer 2012 and are returning to campus in September 2012, are eligible to apply. Graduating seniors (May 2012) are not eligible. Preference will be given to rising juniors and seniors and to those who have not previously received an award.
In order for your internship to qualify for funding support, it must satisfy the following criteria:
• Unpaid on-or-off campus internship
• Offered during the summer and completed byAugust 31, 2012
• Supervised by a professional in the organization
1. Fill out an application online at: www.Careers.umd.edu/scholarships
2. Students must also submit the Supervisor Statement of Agreement, available on the website listed above.