The internship would involve working with the Department’s division of Boards and Commissions, located within the Office of the Secretary, helping to take policy proposals and initiatives that originate with our board and commission members from the idea stage to the implementation stage. This type of work involves identifying resources, stakeholders, and decision makers and then working to build coalitions and new ways of communicating with constituent groups and the public to promote action. Some travel may be required in-State (state vehicles can be used) and we anticipate that a stipend will be available.
The desired team member will:
- Be a listener and a learner first
- Be adept at writing and communicating well
- Be a creative problem solver
- Be interested in organizational development and process engineering
- Be able to synthesize ideas and the content of conversations clearly and succinctly
- Be a flexible team player