The Heritage Foundation Internship Program attracts young conservative leaders of the highest caliber. We train, equip, and develop tomorrow’s young conservative leaders during their time at Heritage. Our paid interns are given substantive work, acquire policy expertise, and build marketable skills.
Interns work with Heritage experts on foreign and domestic policy issues in such areas as energy and the environment, the rule of law, homeland security, and health care. For those interested in business, Heritage offers the opportunity to work in communications and marketing, development, coalition building and outreach, and government relations.
In addition to the practical experience interns acquire, intern programming offers educational and skill enhancing seminars. Interns regularly attend events where they can meet and talk with the nation's leading policy-makers, in addition to establishing friendships and contacts that will last a lifetime.
· Interns attend weekly briefings with Heritage policy experts on foreign and domestic policy issues.
· Lectures and seminars held at Heritage give interns the chance to hear from prominent conservative leaders, authors, and policymakers.
· Practical skills workshops teach researching, op-ed writing, blogging, etiquette, and resume writing.
· Interns engage with each other in reading groups and discussions.
· Tours include the White House, Library of Congress, Pentagon, Supreme Court, and Mount Vernon.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 546-4400.