Penn Hill Group is a bipartisan government relations firm located in Washington, DC. With decades of Congressional, Administration and private sector experience, the members of Penn Hill Group provide clients with cutting-edge government relations, advocacy, policy development and analysis, communications, research, and strategic consulting support. Penn Hill Group specializes in education and youth issues, including early childhood education, K-12 education initiatives, special education and vocational rehabilitation, job training, higher education, and other critical issues ranging from juvenile justice to library and museum policy. Penn Hill Group is committed to providing internships that are substantive and promote growth of many skills, including research and writing, and allow opportunities for networking and learning more about education policy issues.
The Penn Hill Group intern will work on projects across the firm to support research, writing, administrative duties, and event and project management. The intern will work with all members of Penn Hill Group, but will report directly to the intern coordinator. This is a full time (four to five days a week), 10 to 16 week semester/quarter long internship, with start and end dates negotiable (January to May).
· Assist staff by conducting legislative research, tracking federal legislation, and attending congressional hearings and briefings.
· Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key players in the field.
· Assist in the preparation of Penn Hill Group publications and events.
· Conduct administrative tasks as needed
Open to undergraduate students interested in public policy, government relations, or federal advocacy related to education issues. Requirements:
· Completed at least two years of college
· Strong computer and administrative skills
· Strong writing ability
· Solid communication and research skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
This position is paid $12 an hour.
Applications for Winter/Spring 2014 are now being accepted. Application deadline: November 1, 2013.
Please send a resume, list of three references, writing sample, and cover letter expressing interest in the position and dates of availability to email@example.com.