U.S. Embassy ESL/EFL Teaching Projects - Worldwide
The English Language Fellow Program promotes English language learning around the world and fosters mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries. The Program places highly qualified teachers in paid professional positions at projects initiated by U.S. embassies in all regions of the world. It is an opportunity for ESL teachers to enhance their professional career as they contribute to cross-cultural awareness throughout the world. Assignments are for a 10-month period typically beginning in September 2015.
The English Language Fellow Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. As a program administrator, Georgetown University's Center for International Education and Development is recruiting applicants for approximately 100 positions for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master's degree in TESOL or in a field related to English language teaching
- Classroom TESOL teaching experience
- Two years' experience teaching TESOL*
- One year experience training English language teachers and/or teacher trainers
- A minimum of one year teaching in the U.S. education system (K-16 or adult education)
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of English language teaching (e.g., membership in a TEFL/TESL professional organization, presentations at an EFL/ESL conference, etc.)
- Personal qualities of patience, determination, teamwork, flexibility, and adaptability
- Stipend: $30,000
- Living allowance (rent, utilities, local transportation)
- Dependents' allowance
- Textbook and pre-departure allowances
- Supplementary health benefit plan
- Round trip airfare from the United States to the host country
*APPLY NOW for 2015-2016 projects. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all projects have been filled. Applications are only accepted through the online application at . For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Please review the eligibility requirements before applying. More detailed information regarding eligibility is available on the website.