Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Economic Development Administration Summer Internship Opportunities
We are seeking applicants for our summer internship program at the Economic Development Administration (EDA), U.S. Department of Commerce. EDA’s mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. As the only federal agency, EDA drives collaborative regional economic development initiatives that lead to job creation.
The EDA Internship program is a full-time unpaid opportunity but a small commuting stipend can be provided. The program will run from Monday, June 8 to Friday, August 22. Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in public policy, governmental affairs, legislative affairs, public affairs, business and/or community engagement. Interns will also have tours and meetings with Senior Leaders in government.
All Interns Must Be:
• A U.S. Citizen
• Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
• Be able to pass a comprehensive background/security investigation
EDA Internship Program Offices:
• Office of the Assistant Secretary
• Office of External Affairs
• Legislative Affairs
• Public Affairs
• Office of Regional Affairs
• Performance and National Programs Division
• Regional Offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia, Austin, and Seattle
Please send your resume and cover letter to Pamela Bell, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Secretary, at PBell@eda.gov by Friday, March 6th. Please indicate your top three choices of office preference in your cover letter.