Terra Strategies is seeking qualified applicants to interview for the position of field organizer on progressive issue advocacy and voter mobilization programs across the nation.
Field Organizers serve an important role within each program and are responsible for the day-to-day recruitment, instruction and management of canvass teams. For this reason, it is required that applicants for the position have at least three to six months of canvass, or other field experience on an issue advocacy or voter mobilization program. Canvass experience is preferred. Strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines are also required.
Applicants for the position must be willing to relocate as necessary, possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. The willingness to work extended hours and weekends is also required.
- Assist with the implementation of all aspects of the program to include, but not limited to the recruitment, instruction and day-to-day management of canvass teams
- Carry out recruitment activities as the program builds capacity
- Provide canvass teams with the necessary guidance and resources required to master advocacy and mobilization best practices
- Promote the continued development of canvass teams in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities over the course of the program
- Respond with timeliness to all issues and incidents on the ground as well as communicate all relevant issues and incidents to the regional canvass director
- Ensure that canvass teams maintain accurate and reliable data
- Maintain a positive attitude and promote a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the assigned canvass team
- A can-do attitude and a strong commitment towards achieving social justice and progressive change
- Field experience; a minimum of three to six months
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to perform under tight deadlines while maintaining good judgment
- Proficient in VAN, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Willingness to relocate as necessary
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Willing to working extended hours and weekends
All positions are salaried, full-time, short-term positions. Background checks will be required before hiring. To apply; please submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.