Research and Development Internship
Location: Washington, DC
About OurTime: OurTime.org is one of the nation’s largest non-profit organizations committed to increasing the voter participation of young Americans. Since our launch in 2011, we have registered hundreds of thousands of young voters by organizing education campaigns, forming strategic partnerships with heavily trafficked online brands, dozens of A-list and YouTube celebrities, and by utilizing our state-of-the-art voter registration technology. With the 2016 presidential election cycle already beginning in earnest, now is time to take the next step in increasing the political power and engagement of young Americans.
About the role: We are seeking an ambitious, proactive, strategic intern to assist with the overall success of our 2015 political campaigns. This person will play a key role with our fundraising efforts, as well as help with research and design projects, including drafting and designing presentations, upgrading our website, and drafting organizational emails.
- Assist with all aspects of our finance operation (prospecting, data entry, and scheduling)
- Assist with comprehensive research
- Draft OurTime presentations
- Represent OurTime at events
- Other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- Previous fundraising experience ideal
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of heavily trafficked social media sites including Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter
- Comfort in a fast paced environment and the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for OurTime’s mission to register and empower young voters
Application: Please email email@example.com with your resume and a short, conversational cover letter.
OurTime pays all interns a stipend.
For more information please visit www.ourtime.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org