As a grassroots environmental nonprofit, the Maryland Sierra Club offers many internship opportunities for those passionate about advocating for a safer, healthier planet. At the Sierra Club office conveniently located on Route 1, students can take advantage of diverse openings in office management & administration, outdoor education, political environmental advocacy, communications & marketing, web design, community organizing, event planning, and policy research.
Interns become part of the office team and are essential to accomplishing many of the Chapter’s environmental conservation goals. Working side by side with staff and lead volunteers, interns get the opportunity to see how a grassroots nonprofit works, gain valuable real world experience, and become the next generation of activist leaders.
For Fall 2015, we have the following internships available:
- Water Protection Organizing
- Natural Gas Organizing
- Beyond Coal Organizing (Baltimore office)
- Beyond Coal Policy
- Invasive Plant Removal/Stewardship (field)
- Conservation Outings
- Communications/ Web Media
- Administrative Assistant
- Event Coordinator/Jamboree
For more information, internship descriptions, and how to arrange college credit, please visit:
1. Send a cover letter, resume and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com. Please have your name on each document title.
2. Fill out this survey after you send in your materials: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13GUfmsghNw9fLrr8JmLrfS0y2WlJHLrRMBG2L3s_Mns/viewform?c=0&w=1
Applications are accepted until Friday, September 4th, 2015. Apply early for best priority.