The National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC) is seeking Communications Interns for the spring to work in our Washington, DC office. NJDC offers the chance to work and learn at the intersection of the American Jewish community and the Democratic Party. Students who complete our internships will gain experience in political advocacy and nonprofit operation.
Basic Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting the Communications Department with press releases, op-eds, and fact sheets
- Blogging for NJDC’s blog
- Increasing NJDC’s presence on social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- Building and maintaining press lists
- Conducting research relating to the 2012 election
Other projects will be assigned at the discretion of NJDC staff.
- Strong writing and research skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Interest in learning basic web publishing techniques
- Passion for American politics
- Commitment to the melding of Jewish values and progressive policies
- Knowledge of the American Jewish community
- Reader of a variety of news sources
Other Helpful Skills:
- Previous writing experience (especially for online and print publications)
- Familiarity with Twitter and Facebook
- Experience with video editing software
- Knowledge of Lexis-Nexis and ability to use a university library
To apply for an internship, please send your resume, cover letter, and two brief writing samples as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the email “Communications Internship” and label the file “Your Name Communications Application Materials.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note if you are available full or part time.
NJDC staff will work with students to ensure that they receive credit from their universities, if they are seeking credit. NJDC is unable to offer financial assistance or compensation to interns.
Questions can be directed to David Streeter at email@example.com or (202) 216-9060.
For more information about the organization, please visit www.njdc.org.