· Summer Koch Internship Program with the Charles Koch Institute: This paid program offers the unique chance to work in a substantive role for one of the top liberty advancing public policy organizations in Washington, DC. During the program, interns explore a career path within a think tank, and also engage in weekly educational programming that teaches the ideas of economic freedom and provides professional development. Students at all academic levels are encouraged to apply. Interns are paid $10.00/hr. and provided metro benefits. The application deadline is March 1st. http://www.kochinternshipprogram.org/
· Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow Program with the Institute for Humane Studies: This program packs liberty advancement and career progress into one fun, intensive summer experience. A sample of what's in store for Fellows: real-world experience, training in market-based policy analysis, mentoring, skill-building workshops, peer collaboration on research projects, and lifelong friendships. Fellows intern with one of more than 80 think tanks and policy organizations across the United States. Stipend and housing assistance are provided. The application deadline is Jan 31st. www.TheIHS.org/CGKintern
· Journalism Internship with the Institute for Humane Studies: For writers who love liberty, the IHS Journalism Internship deserves undivided attention! IHS places up-and-coming journalists into eight-week reporting internships at newspapers and broadcast media outlets across the country where supporting freedom (through the press) is the order of the day! Aspiring wordsmiths and media professionals hone skills, receive expert mentoring and job-placement assistance, and have the chance to attend the weeklong "Journalism & a Free Society" seminar. A stipend and housing assistance are provided. The application deadline is Jan. 31st. www.TheIHS.org/ckjournalism
· Summer Internship in Atlanta with the Foundation for Economic Education: Positions include operations, photographer, and videographer. Interns need to be hard working, passionate about free-markets, and have strong interpersonal skills. A stipend and travel assistance to FEE seminars is provided. The application deadline is March 1st. http://www.fee.org/about/internships/
· DC Internship Program with the Cato Institute: The application deadline is March 1st. http://www.cato.org/jobs/intern/
· Summer Internship Program with the American Legislative Exchange Council: Application deadline is April 1st. http://www.alec.org/about-alec/internship-opportunities/
· For law students, the Institute for Justice is accepting applications for their paid Maffucci fellowship, as well as internships and clerkships.
If students have any questions about these, or other internship programs within the public policy arena, contact Stephen Sweet at (202) 215-7491.