The District Department of the Environment’s (DDOE) Green Zone Internship Program (GZIP). GZIP provides on-site work experience for emerging leaders. GZIP is a year-round program that fosters linkages between academic and occupational learning, and connections to the environmental job market. DDOE is committed to offering emerging leaders with quality work-based experiences that will prepare them for expanded professional opportunities.
About GZIP 2012
-DDOE is excited to launch the 2012 GZIP. The emphasis of the GZIP year-round program is to provide emerging leaders with valuable work and learning experiences to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of environmental and business management and will provide them with a greater understanding of the “Green Jobs” career field.
-GZIP participants will gain hands-on experience, and educational coaching at DDOE, and in partnership with many local organizations, schools, and businesses that are focused on supporting a green economy and fostering sustainability.
-The GZIP internships provide emerging leaders with tangible introductory work experience in environmental management and conservation, as well as promote skill development in research and public presentation. Throughout the year participants have the opportunity to work with and receive direction from environmental experts who serve in various environmental fields, including administrative, business management, energy, water, air and land remediation.
GZIP is an excellent way for those interested in the environment to learn about the various disciplines and field opportunities. Interns will be expected to meet the following requirements in order to qualify for participation in our program:
- Applicants must be working towards or possess a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, engineering or a related field.
- Good academic standing. Students must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout their internship.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their school transcripts.
- Must submit a cover letter that speaks to your area of interest.
- Interns will be expected to fulfill all of the duties and responsibilities of the positions to which they are assigned.
- Interns must abide by all policies, procedures, and regulations of the employing agency or organization. This may include background checks and drug testing as applicable.
- All requirements for the internship must be completed by the start of the internship.
Apply today: https://octo.quickbase.com/db/bgvygp4wn?a=gennewrecord
For more information regarding DDOE’s non-paid internships, please call Johnnie Philson, Human Resource Specialist at (202) 870-6003