Note: This job opportunity is for recent grads.
Wiley Rein LLP Project Assistant - Legal & Practice Support
The Legal & Practice Support Project Assistant position provides both client project and administrative support to the both Legal and Practice Support teams. Primary responsibilities to be split between providing administrative support (coordinating project staffing, meeting scheduling, data analysis, and preparing documents for distribution) and direct support of attorneys on client projects.
- Coordinate staffing of Legal Support projects in a timely manner;
- Prepare spreadsheets, memos, and reports from attendance, billable and client-chargeable hours, and training credit data;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, training sessions, and staff luncheons;
- Work with attorneys and legal assistants on client billable projects meeting the Firm's minimum hours expectations;
- Prepare, updates, and maintains document indices, coding in database management, basic research, organization of files, compilations of exhibits, proofreading and document retrieval from outside sources (Internet, libraries, courts and agencies);
- Actively develops case management, cite-checking and research skills;
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations;
- Performs research and concisely summarizes findings;
- Update and maintains shared calendars (e.g., Outlook; SharePoint/intranet);
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Two- or four-year degree and at least one year of experience preferred, will substitute experience for education. Law firm experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in the use of all office productivity applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat); exposure to viDesktop a plus; aptitude for learning new software skills strongly preferred
- Ability to proactively identify issues, problem-solve, and propose solutions to challenges encountered
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of law firm personnel
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, competing deadlines, and work in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and be able to build strong interpersonal relationships
To apply, please visit: http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/wrf/publicjobs.