Jim Shea, who led Maryland’s largest law firm, chaired the University System of Maryland Board of Regents, and has long been deeply engaged in Baltimore and Maryland civic life, is running for Governor of Maryland.
In making his announcement for Governor last month Shea emphasized that Republican Governor Hogan had not done enough to oppose President Trump on issues like immigration, the environment, and his hostility to the courts and press:
“We need everyone, including the governor, to stand up and say ‘No’ to those destructive policies. If you don’t stand up to them, you’re enabling them to happen.”
To learn more about Jim and his positions on Climate Change, Education, Equal Rights, Healthcare, Jobs, and Public Safety, please see his website, www.jimshea.com.
Prior campaign and fundraising experience is not required for this position. This job would be an excellent opportunity for recent college/law school graduates and others who are interested in pursuing a career in politics or looking for a once in a lifetime experience.
- Traveling and working directly with Jim
- Organizing and coordinating fundraising events
- Compiling and analyzing data, research
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
Applicants for this position must:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to write clearly and concisely
- Be able to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Have proven organizational skills
- Be personable and enjoy working with others
- Be comfortable communicating on the telephone
- Ideally, have database experience
To apply, e-mail resume to LoriG@JimShea.com
Jim Shea for Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. Paid for by Jim Shea for Maryland, John Lalley, Treasurer