The Office of Presidential Correspondence (OPC) is currently accepting applications for our
Summer Correspondence Associates Program. Correspondence Associates gain valuable
professional experience while also getting unique insight into the Executive Office of the
Every day, OPC responds to the thousands of letters, e-mails, and phone calls that President
Obama receives. Correspondence Associates are assigned to one of the departments in our
office and are tasked with helping support President Obama’s effort to maintain a dialogue with
the American people. Correspondence Associates may work in:
-Mail Analysis, which replies to correspondence on behalf of the President on issues
ranging from the economy, education, health care, and energy to foreign policy and civil
- The Agency Liaison office, which works with constituents and federal agencies to
facilitate a resolution to their problems.
- The Writing office, which drafts and produces presidential proclamations, messages and
- The White House Comment Line, which provides the President with rapid-fire feedback
- The Gift Office, which documents and catalogues gifts sent to the First Family.
Correspondence Associates serve a minimum of 30 hours per week in the office. The program
lasts from May 29, 2012 through August 10, 2012. Applications are due April 1, 2012.
Applicants should be:
-at least 18 years of age, and
- committed to public service
Interested in joining this program? Please email email@example.com with your name, resume, and a short paragraph indicating your interest in volunteering at the Office of Presidential